This professional program is designed to equip the participant with food product-knowledge, innovative techniques, as well as the managerial education required to operate one’s own business or other hospitality service outlets. It includes modules in International Cuisine, Pastry and Bakery, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource aspects, among others.
The practical areas help to introduce the learner to the international standards of the culinary field where they can apply advanced cooking methods used in various classical and modern cuisines. We aim to expose the learner to the preparation of various cold and hot appetizers, trendy vegetable cuts and the cooking techniques required to execute the perfect meat, fish, poultry and seafood dishes.
Furthermore, our unique Blended Learning Approach allows the learner to participate in the theory units online and gain the practical skills in-person at our state-of-the-art training kitchens.
Upon completion of this program, the participants should:
- Understand the structure, nature and operating characteristics of the different sectors of the hospitality industry: food service, lodging and tourism.
- Understand key aspects of gastronomy: classical to modern.
- Gain new practical skills, which can be implemented in various hospitality outlets.
- Design, cost, budget and implement different menus and food service concepts.
- Obtain an appreciation of the various functions of management and their interrelationships with other key concerns of managers such as marketing, finance and human resource management.
- Be able to identify the role of managers in the hospitality industry and to highlight their principal responsibilities.
- Analyze political, economic, socio-cultural and technological forces to predict opportunities for profit maximization.